Even though the match was held in Canada, many of the players stated that they felt like they were at home because so many fans came out to support. The match had just under 23 million viewers, making it the most watched soccer game in USA history. The USA team won many fans over the course of just one year from sparking interest during the 2014 game. These fans followed the USA team and cheered as they brought home the World Cup trophy.
Currently, the USA team is going on its victory tour. The team began in LA and has earned the honor of the Ticker-Tape Parade in NYC. The Ticker Tape Parade is a parade where many people throw confetti from office buildings above the street and sidewalk. During the parade, the team was led through the canyon of heroes, a historic street where the city only paraded its most honorary legends. The soccer team was the first women’s sports team to ever be given the honor of a Ticker-Tape parade.
1. Who won the Women’s FIFA World Cup Final match?
2. Who scored the most goals for the USA team in the final match?
3. Where was the World Cup held?
4. How many viewers watched the match?
5. What role do you think fans play in a sport’s team’s success? Do fans help a team a great deal or not much?