Hello MacArthur 8th Graders!
I'm sorry I couldn't make it to school today. Try to have a good day without me. Please smile and fist pump your classmates and be extra nice to your substitute. Here is your "work" below (or "fun" depending on how you look at it.) :)
1. Complete answering the questions for Chapter 13, found on the post right below this one. You can use the downloadable text written by a master teacher, or, you can use the text that is located on the student table. Please return this text to the table at the end of class.
2. Go to this link, read the amazingly well written current event, and answer the questions. Read both articles on immigration and answer the questions.
3. Go to this link, and watch the current event videos and ponder their meaning.
Have an excellent weekend, and I'll see you Monday.
Mr. De Gree
Read the text and answer the following questions in complete sentences.
1. Why is it important for Americans to understand how liberty developed in Medieval England?
2. What were two main principles that founded the United States of America?
3.What happened to Sir Walter Raleigh's colony in North America?
4. Who paid for the founding of Jamestown?
5. How was the first winter for people of Jamestown?
6. How did Pocahantas help the English settlers?
7. What was the "gold" for Virginians?
8. What did the Great Charter of Virginia do?
9. What two peoples were brought to Virginia in 1619?
10. Who were the Pilgrims?
11. What was the first year like for the Pilgrims at Plymouth Plantation?
12. What was the reason for the first Thanksgiving?
13. Name at least three American leaders who have issued a Thanksgiving Proclamation.
14. According to the Mayflower Compact, what were the beliefs of the Pilgrims?