For the 11 - 17 year olds, homework for the student involves between one - four hours per week. Most of the homework is time spent reading and researching history. According to the California State Department of Education, students should read approximately two grade level novels per month. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer is considered to be a 7th or 8th grade novel. Researching history kills two birds with one stone. It improves reading comprehension in an area many kids have trouble reading: nonfiction reading. And, students learn history.
Teaching with the Take a Stand! series helps me get to know my children and students better and it helps them how to think critically, form historical judgement, and express themselves in speech and in writing.
- All Products
- Charter Schools/Co-ops
- Constitution Bee
- Online Classes
- Our Teachers
- Course Schedule 2018/2019
- Ancient Rome Elementary Online Class
- Ancient Online Course Recordings
- Medieval Civilizations Online Course Recordings
- The Story of Liberty American Online Course
- World History, High School Online Course Recordings
- American History High School Online Course Recordings
- American Government and Economics Online Course Recordings