I have a very independent 8th grader. My only worry about your course is that it seems teacher intensive. Is this true?
The only work that involves the teacher is to watch and learn from DVD 1 and 2. DVD 1 is 20 minutes, and DVD 2, the tools of the historian, is about 1 1/2 hours. Once you understand the method, then the student completes all other work on his own throughout the year. He will meet with you to report research and to express his perspective and back it up with evidence. If he is learning the Ancient or Medieval Civilizations curriculum, then he can watch the discussions on our DVD program. The American program will have the DVD discussion by summer 2013.
Teaching with the Take a Stand! series helps me get to know my children and students better and it helps them how to think critically, form historical judgement, and express themselves in speech and in writing.
- All Products
- Charter Schools/Co-ops
- Constitution Bee
- Online Classes
- Our Teachers
- Course Schedule 2018/2019
- Ancient Rome Elementary Online Class
- Ancient Online Course Recordings
- Medieval Civilizations Online Course Recordings
- The Story of Liberty American Online Course
- World History, High School Online Course Recordings
- American History High School Online Course Recordings
- American Government and Economics Online Course Recordings