We hope that these two are eventually the same don't we? But as our children age and eventually leave the home, knowing the right perspective will be challenged. Friends, societal pressure, mass media, will chip away at the right perspective we have given to our children. They will be challenged to defend the truth, and they will be challenged to make up their minds on new issues that did not exist when we were raising them. Which is better - to teach the correct perspective or critical thinking? In the 1940s, Dorothy Sayers wrote that it was a tragedy students were learning a smattering of subjects with little or no critical thinking skills. Do we dare make the same mistake with our own children? Critical thinking is a process that we can nurture in our children. With a sound thinking process, our children will not fall prey to the pressures of the world, at least not forever.
Teaching with the Take a Stand! series helps me get to know my children and students better and it helps them how to think critically, form historical judgement, and express themselves in speech and in writing.
- All Products
- Charter Schools/Co-ops
- Online Classes
- Our Teachers
- Course Schedule 2018/2019
- Ancient Rome Elementary Online Class
- Ancient Online Course Recordings
- Medieval Civilizations Online Course Recordings
- The Story of Liberty American Online Course
- World History, High School Online Course Recordings
- American History High School Online Course Recordings
- American Government and Economics Online Course Recordings
- Game Retailers